The Bridge Climb, AWESOME view!!!

Sunday, May 30, 2010

2010

Hi,
My name is Jess. I moved back to Sydney in January after living in Melbourne for the last 8 years and decided that 2010 is the year I do things for me.
I started with focussing on my weight and getting fit and so on the 1-1-2010 I committed to doing Michelle Bridge's 'Crunchtime' program and was surprised at how little I actually knew about food and exercise. One of the hardest lessons I learnt was how much food I was actually consuming. When I completed one of the suggested tasks about counting the calories you would 'normally' consume and completing a food diary, I calculated my breakfast alone at 1800 calories, and considering my daily intake should be 1200 calories I decided not to eat much for the rest of the day. It was a hard lesson to learn.
I then moved back to Sydney on the 23-1-10, again a decision I made for me and I found it quite hard for the first 3 months to settle in. There was a delay in my Nursing registration and this put alot of strain on me both emotionally and financially and there where a few weeks there where all I could think about was going back to Bendigo. So I made another decision.
I enrolled in Michelle Bridge's online 12WBT program and through the forums met other Sydneysiders with similar interests and slowly but surely I am finding a little groove where I fit in.
I have lost 21.45kgs so far this year, I now weigh in at 77.2kgs and have 7.2kgs to reach my goal. I have full time work at St Vincent's Hospital and I finally feel like things are settling down and my challenge over the next month is to get into a routine with my diet. Round 1 of the 12WBT taught me about exercise and I now have a great weekly routine that I can adjust with shift work but I still struggle with food. I have decided to do round 2 of the 12WBT to focus on my diet and with the two together... well, I can't wait for the results!
As part of round 2 I decided to set up this Blog site, so that I can reflect on where I have been, how I have felt and hopefully help someone else going through it also.
Who knows what the future holds... But it's my choice to find out...

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment